ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

WHAT IS THE PROTOCOL TO FILE AN ABUSE COMPLAINT AGAINST A REGISTRAR

  • To: <alac-forum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: WHAT IS THE PROTOCOL TO FILE AN ABUSE COMPLAINT AGAINST A REGISTRAR
  • From: "admin" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:51:52 -0500

WHAT IS THE PROTOCOL TO FILE AN ABUSE COMPLAINT AGAINST A
REGISTRAR

On July 2, 2006 we notified the Registrar Gandi.net and
Gandi Sarl of the illegal activities of a domain and website
for which Gandi.net and Gandi Sarl are the REGISTRARS.

We notified Gandi.net and Gandi Sarl that a criminal spammer
had stolen and hijacked the identity of one of the
domains/websites owned by us.  That he was forging or
"Spoofing" our domain name in his spam headers.  That this
criminal forger and spammer had probably sent out thousands
(probably millions) of unsolicited emails with the forged
headers of our domain name in an attempt to bypass various
spam filters.

We ALSO provided Gandi.net and Gandi Sarl full and complete
information regarding the illegal hijacking and forging of
one of our domain names (spoofing), and spamming by the
domain 'paymentwound(dot)info'  In addition, we provided
Gandi.net information pointing to the fact that the domain
was registered with FALSE ownership and contact information!

This information included the original 'email header' and
'email body' data, clearly showing the forged header, and
the recipient website 'paymentwound(dot)info'

Gandi.net replied to us, and said that although they had
received the information that we had provided, that they
would not act on it unless we completed their 'online
contact form.'!  (This despite the fact that we had
originally filed the information through their  'online
contact form')  The email was signed by "Ryan."

On July 4, 2006 we once again provided all the information
to Gandi.net and Gandi Sarl, and requested they take
immediate steps to end the criminal forging of our domain
header.

The galling, and most distasteful part of all this to us, is
that this website appears to be selling drugs and
pharmaceutical products of extremely questionable origin.

Our website is legitimate business, providing wholesale
supplies of fanny pack holsters, waist pack holsters, fanny
pistol packs, and concealed weapon fanny packs
http://www.holsterheaven.com    We are disgusted with the
manner that this Registrar has handled this matter as it
reflects on our business name.

We reminded Gandi.net and Gandi Sarl  that it is illegal and
fraudulent under both Federal Law as well as ICANN
regulations to provide false, incorrect, or misleading
ownership and contact information when registering a domain,
or contracting for hosting services!

Believe it or not!

....and quite frankly we were in disbelief

.......but once again, Gandi.net replied to us, by repeating
the same disingenuous nonsense about they how they would not
act on the information unless we completed their 'online
contact form.'!

The big problem was that their "so-called" 'online report
form' did not work! And they knew it!!

After filling-in the information, their "Validate" button on
their complaint form was broken and did NOT work ...It
simply generated an error message:

 "" Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Unknown MySQL Server Host
'sgbd.gandi.net' (1) in /usr/local/www/rip/ripsubmit on line
104
Could not connect ""

We were then forced to email Gandi.net directly, and for the
'third time," we once again provided all the information to
Gandi.net and Gandi Sarl, and requested they take immediate
steps to end the criminal forging of our domain header.

As of this post July 11. 2006, with Gandi.net and Gandi
Sarl's FULL assistance and protection the offending domain
and website is still in business!

We would now wish to file a complaint with ICANN, and would
appreciate anyone pointing us in the right direction.

Thanks,

J.R. Black

www.HolsterHeaven.com