ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

Stop the SPAM

  • To: <alac-forum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Stop the SPAM
  • From: "Don Terry" <donterry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:27:07 -0600

Like others who have posted to this website, I too have heard nothing from
registrars to whom I've complained.

When I read thru many of the sections of this website, it reminds me of my
years reading thru report after report of com protocol organizations while
working in COM development.

My suggestions:

* Create newer, updated protocols to tighten the weakness of the past.  I'm
surprised that software companies (Microsoft and others)
have not taken the bull by the horns by now.   I'm sure they have a wish list
of fixes they'd like to make.   I would have no objection to upgrades
to code and or HW in order to create a better Internet.

* Add the hardware like FAX did to print the telephone number on each page.
They also eliminated enough generic schemes to shut it
down mass mailings. I would not mind having my IP number imbedded.

* Get tough on Registry violations.  Some areas are swamped.  I recall seeing
one chart that showed some 70,000 reports (complaints) within  that area.
It's time for that area to take some action.

* I'd even pay to send an e-mail.  YUP.....

It's time to step up to the plate folks.  As Larry that Cable Guy would
say.....  Git er Done...  I can be reached at   877   @#$#    798    &^*^&*^&
 4057.