ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Agenda for Rio

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Agenda for Rio
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:35:22 +0100

This is a draft agenda for our activities in Rio (thanks to Denise - I
have changed the order a little and added the last action item).
Comments welcome.

Draft ALAC meeting agenda Rio -- Sunday

.       Introductions -- personal background; issues of special
interest personally/regionally (if any); status of/potential for AL
organizing in region
.       Briefing by Andrew McLaughlin:  At Large history; the reformed
ICANN; Nominating Committee plans
.       Briefings - WHOIS, new gTLDs, other?
.       Action item:  Accreditation criteria for At-Large Structures
.       Action item:  Approval process for At-Large Structures
.       Action item:  RALO MOU template -- definition/composition/
structure of a RALO
.       Action item:  Processes for outreach, infrastructure building,
"internationalization"
.       Action item:  Processes for education, input, advice on
relevant ICANN activities (website, email list; comment forum, etc)
.       Action item:  Procedures for ALAC decision-making, and
responsibilities of/processes for task force etc. liaisons
.       Action item:  Relationships with other entities and processes
(WSIS, UN-ICT...)

[Perhaps we could break this up in two parts - introduction and
discussion on our internal organization on Sunday morning; discussion
about RALO/AL organizing on Sunday afternoon.]

Other meetings with:
.       Brazilian/other user groups (who and who will set this up?)
.       Board members (outside of Public Forum at which ALAC will give
formal statement & ALAC members will introduce themselves)
.       GAC
.       ccTLDs
.       Business/ISP/IP
.       NonCommercial
.       Registrars
.       Registries
.       ASO

[These are still to be scheduled - I and Denise will contact the
constituencies to ask for their availability & possible timeslots on
Monday and Tuesday.]
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---