ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Analysis of .coop, .museum, and .aero renewals

  • To: "Vittorio Bertola" <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Analysis of .coop, .museum, and .aero renewals
  • From: "John R Levine" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 31 Dec 2005 10:30:32 -0500

> Now, one also has to live with the suspect that this whole "sponsored
> TLD" idea was designed to delay the introduction of a quasi-automated
> process for new gTLDs by five years or so...

Who knows, maybe they thought it would work.  There were (and are)
certainly enough applicants who think it will.  Now I'm wondering if we'll
have to want for .jobs, .cat. and .mobi to fail before they'll reconsider.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, Mayor
"A book is a sneeze." - E.B. White, on the writing of Charlotte's Web