ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

UDRP [was Re: [alac] NeuStar]

  • To: ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: UDRP [was Re: [alac] NeuStar]
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:52:23 -0400

At 01:31 PM 9/5/2006 -0700, Bret Fausett wrote:
I think the UDRP is supposed to be reviewed by ICANN in the next year or
two.

Sure, shortly after the ALAC's review, I'm sure.

While we're on it, I think bigger problems than cost are the lack of an appeals process or binding precedent within the UDRP non-arbitration adjudication, and the lack of meaningful protections against reverse domain name hijacking.

--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx
Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School