ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] [Fwd: Re: Nom Com]

  • To: ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] [Fwd: Re: Nom Com]
  • From: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 19:19:38 +0200

FYI.
Best
Annette

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: Nom Com
Date:   Fri, 6 Oct 2006 14:21:18 -0700
From:   Daniel Halloran <daniel.halloran@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
CC:     John Jeffrey <john.jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx>

Annette,

Thank you for your inquiry. A member of the ALAC may serve on the 2007 Nominating Committee (provided he or she is not an employee or paid consultant to ICANN and has not previously served two successive terms as a voting delegate on the NomCom; see Bylaws Article VII, Sections 3 and 9 for complete details.)

Please also note that pursuant to Bylaws Article VII, Section 8 <http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm#VII-8>, no one who serves on the 2007 NomCom will be eligible to be selected by any means to the ICANN Board, the ALAC, or any other ICANN body having one or more membership positions that the NomCom is responsible for filling, until the conclusion of the 2007 ICANN annual meeting.

I hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any other assistance.

Best Regards,
Daniel Halloran
Deputy General Counsel
ICANN