Annette

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: Nom Com
Date:   Fri, 6 Oct 2006 14:21:18 -0700
To:     Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
CC:     John Jeffrey <john.jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx>
References:     <45229A05.8000805@xxxxxx>

Annette,

Thank you for your inquiry. A member of the ALAC may serve on the 2007 Nominating Committee (provided he or she is not an employee or paid consultant to ICANN and has not previously served two successive terms as a voting delegate on the NomCom; see Bylaws Article VII, Sections 3 and 9 for complete details.)

Please also note that pursuant to Bylaws Article VII, Section 8 <http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm#VII-8>, no one who serves on the 2007 NomCom will be eligible to be selected by any means to the ICANN Board, the ALAC, or any other ICANN body having one or more membership positions that the NomCom is responsible for filling, until the conclusion of the 2007 ICANN annual meeting.

I hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any other assistance.

Best Regards,
Daniel Halloran
Deputy General Counsel
ICANN

On 3 Oct 2006, at 10:12, Annette Muehlberg wrote:

Dear John, Dan:

We would like to know if a member of the ALAC could serve on the 2007 NomCom.

We have one interested person who is a board appointed member of the interim ALAC. We assume there are no problems but would like to make sure that there is not anything in the bylaws that would prevent him from serving on the NomCom. Would be helpful to know to ensure everything works out well.

Kind regards,

Annette Muehlberg
ALAC Chair

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy