ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Board Meeting

  • To: "'ALAC -- ALAC'" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Board Meeting
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 11:41:56 -0400

<http://www.icann.org/minutes/>
Special Meeting of the Board
* Follow on discussion of .BIZ, .INFO and .ORG Registry Agreement
* <http://www.icann.org/minutes/secretarys-notice-27sep06.htm>Board Inquiry Responses
* <http://www.icann.org/announcements/afilias-to-icann.pdf>Afilias Response
* <http://www.icann.org/announcements/pir-to-icann-10oct06.pdf>PIR's Response
* <http://www.icann.org/announcements/neuStar-to-icann-10oct06.pdf>Neulevel Response

Has anyone reviewed the registries responses to see whether they address the concerns ALAC raised?
I like PIR's response, which suggests adding explicit uniform pricing language to the contract (and I think PIR's language is better than Neustar's, though I haven't reviewed them in depth).

* Follow on discussion of proposed .ASIA sTLD
* <http://www.icann.org/minutes/secretarys-notice-27sep06.htm>Board Inquiry Response
* <http://www.icann.org/announcements/dotAsia-to-icann-10oct06.pdf>dotAsia Response
* Discussion of status of renewal agreements for the .AERO, .COOP and .MUSEUM

Make this into routine business, so more gTLDs can be added quickly.

* Discussion of New Proposed Registry Service by PIR - Excess Deletion Fee
<http://www.icann.org/registries/rsep/PIR_request.pdf>
Looks like a response to the domain tasting by charging a fee for add-grace deletes.

* Discussion of New Proposed Registry Service by Neulevel - Bulk Transfer After Partial Porfolio Acquisition
<http://www.icann.org/registries/rsep/NeuLevel_request.pdf>

* Other Business - Finanical Controls Issues, Legal Bill Payment Approvals