ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Revised agreements for ORG, INFO, and BIZ

  • To: ALAC -- ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>, alac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Revised agreements for ORG, INFO, and BIZ
  • From: John L <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:33:08 -0400 (EDT)

Now rather than saying that registries can charge whatever they want, now they raise the price cap by 10% per year.

While I appreciate the acknowledgement that prices matter, I would really like to know why they deserve faster price increases than the one proposed for .COM, or in view of the continuing drop in the price of the underlying networks and equipment, why they need any price increase at all.

It also adds a few more words limiting what they can do with traffic and registry data but I can't tell whether those changes matter.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://johnlevine.com, Mayor