ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] From the Ombudsman

  • To: "'ALAC'" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] From the Ombudsman
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:05:09 +0100

News from Frank.
I checked with him, and he considers that we have fulfilled his requests,
for the time being. However, he recommends that we keep things under
control, and keep him informed if we meet or not the deadlines, even if he
does not consider this an obligation.
For our own benefit, it would be good if we keep track of our processes
anyway, recording from now on the timing of the milestones, and compare them
with the planned deadlines. It would even better if we had the results on
our website: I think that it would greatly improve our image if we are more
transparent in our processes.
In our report in Sao Paulo I would definitively include a statement about
having brought back the matter under control after a troubled period,
providing current numbers proving the compliance with our espoused
timetable.
Cheers,
Roberto Gaetano
ALAC