ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] At Large

  • To: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] At Large
  • From: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:42:34 +0100

wow. that is impressive.
we are just preparing a little presentation for tomorrow to tell what ALAC and At-Large Structures are about, and yes we too had the problem to explain what these two little words are supposed to mean.

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

An interesting note: here at the IGF, Pierre was sitting on the main panel and mentioned the At Large; he was speaking in French and said something like "ICANN needs to talk about the At Large". This got real-time-translated and scribed into English as "ICANN needs to talk about broadband"...
We definitely need to rebrand ourselves!!