ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Guide to Domain Names

  • To: shahshah@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Guide to Domain Names
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:14:22 +0100

Siavash Shahshahani ha scritto:
I wish to record a basic objection to the 'Guide' appearing as an ALAC
product. In the introduction it is stated that that the guide is primarily
focused on gTLDs and, in fact, it is not hard to notice that ccTLDs are
totally ignored. For 'A Guide to Domain Names' presumably directed at the
less-informed this is totally unacceptable.

I strongly support that. I know that the view from a US perspective is different, but in most European countries there is now a similar level of recognition and usage between classic gTLDs and the local ccTLDs - both options should be presented at the same level since the beginning, especially if this is going to be translated in other languages.
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...