ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [alac] FW: [ga] ICANN Board set to approve .biz/info/org agreements before Sao Paulo?

• To: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] FW: [ga] ICANN Board set to approve .biz/info/org agreements before Sao Paulo?
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 07:53:04 -0400

I think that maybe we should specifically ask for any vote on this to
be postponed to after SP so that the issue could be properly
discussed?
JAM

On 11/17/06, Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am reading now the agenda for the first time.
So far, there has been no discussion on the Board list about the agenda or
about the topics therein. However, it should not come unexpected that the
discussion would have focused on registry services and contract renewal,
because this was the position expressed by the Chair at our previous
teleconference. In other words, the Board wasq alerted that this was going
to come up in the agenda of the November meeting.
The only thing I can add is that I have the impression that not everybody
will participate, as the teleconference has been rescheduled on short notice
for the eve of Thanksgiving from the original date this week.
Regards,
Roberto Gaetano
ALAC
ICANN Board Liaison

> -----Original Message----- > From: owner-alac@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-alac@xxxxxxxxx] On > Behalf Of Jean Armour Polly > Sent: 16 November 2006 20:53 > To: ALAC > Subject: Re: [alac] FW: [ga] ICANN Board set to approve > .biz/info/org agreements before Sao Paulo? > > Roberto-- anything you can add? > > JP > > At 10:29 AM -0800 11/16/06, Bret Fausett recently said: > >If ICANN is set to approve these agreements on the 22nd, > I'll be very > >disappointed. There is no urgency to this -- expect perhaps Twomey's > >knowledge that he loses three of his pro-registry votes at > the end of > >Sao Paulo. > > > > Bret > > > > > >------ Forwarded Message > >From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx> > >Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:47:57 -0800 (PST) > >To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <revised-biz-info-org-agreements@xxxxxxxxx> > >Cc: <john.jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx>, <vint@xxxxxxxxxx> > >Subject: [ga] ICANN Board set to approve .biz/info/org agreements > >before Sao Paulo? > > > >Hello, > > > >According to the agenda for the November 22, 2006 Board meeting: > > > >http://www.icann.org/minutes/ > > > >It includes the following items: > > > >* Proposed Approval of new .BIZ Registry Agreement > >* Proposed Approval of new .INFO Registry Agreement > >* Proposed Approval of new .ORG Registry Agreement > > > >This appears to ignore the GNSO Council resolution from September: > > > >http://gnso.icann.org/resolutions/#200609 > > > >"To request the Board to delay any decision on the .biz > .info and .org > >agreements until the ICANN Board meeting after the Sao Paolo ICANN > >meetings 2006 and to take into account the current outcome of the > >PDPFeb06 task force at that time." > > > >And as I noted in a prior message: > > > >http://forum.icann.org/lists/revised-biz-info-org-agreements/ > msg00013.h > >tml > > > >it ignores the Bylaws that mention "an in-person public forum shall > >also be held for discussion of any proposed policies as described in > >Section 6(1)(b) of this Article, prior to any final Board > action." and > >that "in those cases where the policy action affects public policy > >concerns, to request the opinion of the Governmental Advisory > >Committee". > > > >Can the Board provide any good reason why they are rushing through > >approval of these badly conceived contracts, despite the > overwhelming > >opposition of the public? This illustrates why folks are > cynical about > >ICANN. Unless these contracts are defeated, to reflect the bottom up > >consensus, any remaining shred of credibility that ICANN's > Board might > >have had will be lost. > > > >Sincerely, > > > >George Kirikos > >http://www.kirikos.com/ > > > >------ End of Forwarded Message

--
Jacqueline Morris
www.carnivalondenet.com
T&T Music and videos online

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy