ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Election and nomination process, minutes from this morning's meeting

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Election and nomination process, minutes from this morning's meeting
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 12:43:51 -0500

Here are the notes I took this morning during our procedure discussion:

Minutes from this morning's procedure discussion:
nominations today.
voting tomorrow. should we provide for secret votes or public? We will try to
find consensus first.

Deadline for nominations:
Close nominations tonight [Wednesday], Sao Paulo time. [Send them to the alac
or alac-admin list.]
If it becomes clear that nominations must be shifted tomorrow (e.g., because a
position is not filled or someone does not want to stand for election), during
elections, that will be allowed,

If we need a secret vote, we'll do it on paper here. Those who are absent find
someone here they can entrust their vote to.  (Alan says, If they can't find
someone they can trust, this is going to be a sorry committee.)

EU seat. Annette has moved from board-appointed interim to nomcomm-appointed 2-year. Now we need a few-months interim appointment from Board.
Contact ALSes in the region, get their selection, and committee members agree we will support that to Board for appointment.

-- Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx || wendy.seltzer@xxxxxxxxxxxx Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html Chilling Effects: http://www.chillingeffects.org/