ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Fostering communication by reducing the number of lists

  • To: "Wendy Seltzer" <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Fostering communication by reducing the number of lists
  • From: "Nick Ashton-Hart" <nashton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 20:43:33 +0000

That list is one of the two which are still hosted on the mail ICANN
servers. What I had in mind - you are reading my mind Wendy, or I am
reading yours - is to move that list over to our servers, and then
allow others to subscribe to it, so that more people could be aware of
the activities of the committee.

It would be for each region to decide whether or not they would like
'their' lists to be removed or not of course. FWIW, I believe that
there is added value to having regional lists, for regional
discussions; the ALAC members for each region can of course forward
items to/from those lists when appropriate... Of course it is for the
regions as I said to decide what they wish to do.