ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index

[alac] Application of Minimum participation requirements for ALAC members

  • To: ALAC Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Application of Minimum participation requirements for ALAC members
  • From: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:31:34 +0100

To: Vittorio Bertola, ALAC-Board Liaison

Dear Vittorio:

As Chair of the At-Large Advisory Committee, it is my sad duty to ask you to convey to the ICANN Board that one of the interim ALAC members, Clement Dzinonu (Africa) needs to be replaced with a new appointee.

Clement has not participated in an ICANN International Meeting since 2004, and has not participated in the monthly ALAC Teleconferences since August 2005. As a consequence, he does not fulfill the minimum participation requirements that the ALAC set for its members as a part of our Self-Review, which has been sent to the ICANN Board under separate cover when the self-review was completed.

Unfortunately Clement has not even answered the mail sent to him by the Chair concerning his participation in ALAC activities.

The ALAC proposes to follow the same process to fill the vacancy as has been used previously when vacancies in its membership have arisen. This can be found at http://alac.icann.org/announcements/notice-soliciting-alac-candidates-11nov04.htm.

Thank you for your kind attention and I look forward to your reply in due course.

Annette Muehlberg

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index