ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[atrt-questions-2010]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

This comment period

  • To: atrt-questions-2010@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: This comment period
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 08:40:31 -0400

At a meeting between the ATRT and At-Large today during the Brussels ICANN meeting, it was mentioned that no comments had been posted here.

In fact, it is quite common for there to be very few comments, even on issues that are of great import to the community. Current comment periods on a DNS-CERT report and RAA improvements have similarly attracted no comments to date, despite both being issues of known interest to the community.

Although one can come up with a number of reasons or at least explanations why this is so, I think that it points out that this comment process is not very effective. I am grateful that the ATRT is wisely following other paths through which the community can provide input and hope that the lack of comments through this vehicle is not taken to be an indication of the lack of interest in nor satisfaction with ICANN's Accountability, Transparency and ensuring the interests of global Internet users. Similarly, I hope that the review team will factor this weakness of the ICANN comment process into its overall deliberations.

Alan Greenberg
NomCom appointee to the ALAC, but speaking solely on my own behalf

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>