ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[auction-consultation]

Auctioning of new gTLD's response.

  • To: ICANN gTLD auction <auction-consultation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Auctioning of new gTLD's response.
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 21:50:08 -0700

To whom it may and should concern,

  Interestingly enough, I personally agree with Vittorios arguments
with why auctioning off new gTLD's is wrong, or in my own
opinion, a very bad idea.  See:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/auction-consultation/msg00003.html

  What's worse coming from our members a bit at a time, is
that they are of the belief, and I also feel rightly so, that setting
this sort of precedent for implementing new gTLD's or IDN gTLD's
is very bad as it sets up a pricing war akin to speculation as being
done with oil futures.  Such benefits only the wealthy or wealthy
organizations, which does not promote good competition or
realistic and fair ecommerce trade.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx