ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

Re: [bc-gnso] Submission from BC and ISCPC

  • To: "Philip Sheppard " <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, "bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx " <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [bc-gnso] Submission from BC and ISCPC
  • From: "Marilyn Cade " <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 17:58:03 +0000

As noted from my public comments, I do not support creating "constituencies"
for policy issues. The proposed "need" sounds more like a "birds of feather
forum" than a constituency IDNs should be a cros cutting policy and standards
work program across the GNSO and CcNSO, touching also the SSAC.

In general, I didn't support the suggestion that the group fit into a
constituency. IDNs nor ASCII TLDs cannot exist in a vacuum from each other. I
can support the joint paper. But would give different advice to how to address
such cross cutting issues, as noted in my public comments.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T