ICANN ICANN Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[bc-gnso] Fw: [council] Board letter to GNSO Council

  • To: bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Fw: [council] Board letter to GNSO Council
  • From: "Zahid Jamil" <zahid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:40:53 +0000


Zahid Jamil
Jamil & Jamil
219-221 Central Hotel Annexe
Merewether Road, Karachi. Pakistan
Cell: +923008238230
Tel: +92 21 5680760 / 5685276 / 5655025
Fax: +92 21 5655026

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink 

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 00:06:26 
To: Avri Doria<avri@xxxxxxx>; Council GNSO<council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [council] Board letter to GNSO Council

Dear All,

the mailing list is up and working:
gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx (special trademark issues - sti)

public archives are at:

and can be found on page:

Avri Doria, Chuck Gomes and Jeff Neuman are subscribed to the list.
Please let me know who else would like to join the drafting team and be added 
to the list.

Thank you.
Kind regards,


From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On 
Behalf Of Avri Doria

On 15 Oct 2009, at 14:23, Stéphane Van Gelder wrote:

> If we do decide to go for a DT,

I think this is a good idea as a way to start and fits patterns that  
have proven successful in taking the first steps in recent efforts.

I do not want to wipe the weekend end schedule for this, however, as  
we have a published agenda for the weekend and have people committed  
to those tasks who are planing to come to Seoul in time or those  

This does not minimize the importance of starting on the Board letter  
on Specific Trademark Issues (STI) and DAGv3 and that is why I think  
the suggestion about forming a DT a good idea.  Because of the press  
of time, we cannot wait for a meeting to do this.  So I am suggesting  
we start now.

I propose forming a DT composed of participants each SG and the active  
Liaison groups who are willing to focus their time next week (perhaps  
even finding time for a teleconference) and  on the weekend to come up  
with a plan and start the work for the council to discuss/accept at  
the Wednesday open meeting and at the Thursday meeting.

Unless there is strong objection from the members of the council, I  
ask each SG to name 2-3 members and the active ACSO liaison groups to  
name 1 representative each for the STI-DT  and ask Glen (or some  
member of staff who is not traveling at the moment) to set up a  
mailing list, with open archive, for that team immediately.  I think  
it is a good suggestion for those SGs that have members who were on  
the IRT as either members or observers to consider including them  
among the 2-3 volunteers.  I think the SGs should find people in the  
SG, not necessarily council members to populate these meeting - and  
recommend that the people doing this find alternatives to replace (at  
least temporarily) them in other other ongoing ICANN tasks (except of  
course for council membership).

We do have some unused meting room space on Saturday (11am on), so I  
suggest we schedule this group consider an open meeting during this  
opne time.

The topic has already been scheduled for the Wednesday open meeting 
), and has already been spoken of as the main topic for the Thursday  
meeting (https://st.icann.org/gnso-council/index.cgi? 


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy