ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

Re: Scoop on TM Rights Protection in new gTLDs - RE: [bc-gnso] FW: [Bulk] [gnso-sti] Draft Summary of Differences Between IRT Report and Applicant Guidebook Version 3

  • To: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Mike Rodenbaugh <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Liz Williams <lizawilliams@xxxxxxx>, Zahid Jamil <zahid@xxxxxxxxx>, Sarah Deutsch <sarah.deutsch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Scoop on TM Rights Protection in new gTLDs - RE: [bc-gnso] FW: [Bulk] [gnso-sti] Draft Summary of Differences Between IRT Report and Applicant Guidebook Version 3
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 04:10:13 -0400

True, but for those zones that may benefit from high-security, the proposed
ICANN process will dumb-down and commoditize the most complex aspects of
running a secure operation.

Any applicant needing a high-security capability can simply contract with
one of ICANN¹s approved high-security vendors.   No need to spend years
building an experienced and skilled security team with proven processes and
standards .... just check the box!