ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

Re: [bc-gnso] FW: STI-DT -- BC preliminary position statements

  • To: Michael Palage <Michael@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Zahid Jamil'" <zahid@xxxxxxxxx>, "'BC gnso'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [bc-gnso] FW: STI-DT -- BC preliminary position statements
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:38:14 +0900

I assume Michael Palage is referring to our recommendations regarding use of
TM Clearinghouse post-sunrise, and the disposition of names that are
suspended as result of a URS proceeding.

In our BC meeting yesterday, I asked the whether these 2 recommendations
were in the IRT final report.  I learned that the IRT report was silent on
post-sunrise TM checking and post-URS disposition of infringing names. Not
sure why they were omitted, but strikes me those are important gaps in the
IRT plan.

I think our recommendations will stimulate discussion in areas that will,
sooner or later, have to be debated.   While we could wait until DAGv4 comes
out, I think we should get these items into the mix now, as a response to
the Board/CEO letter.

--
Steve DelBianco
Executive Director