ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

Re: [bc-gnso] Inquiry: why are we voting in a 7 day voting period?

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [bc-gnso] Inquiry: why are we voting in a 7 day voting period?
  • From: Liz Williams <lizawilliams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:02:48 +0000

Hello everyone

Could I make a suggestion that may take us forward?

The Charter has indeed been through many iterations. I support the move to a vote now and then hold our elections and then, for the new willing victims, they take only the very few sections that may need amending and do that as their first piece of work once they are in place. For example, we would ONLY look at section 1.x or 3.y that may need amending in the early new year.

I suspect that the amendments are small and that we ought not get stuck at the last hurdle.

Liz