ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] CSG charter and knock-on effects to BC charter

  • To: "'icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'bc - GNSO list'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] CSG charter and knock-on effects to BC charter
  • From: "Deutsch, Sarah B" <sarah.b.deutsch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:47:15 -0400

The deadline to amend the CSG Charter is approaching, but unfortunately there
has been no drafting since then.  We discussed the Charter in Brussels, and the
CSG reps met in Brussels, but we have not heard back from the other
Constituency reps and we obviously need to move this along.  That is one reason
why we are slating a discussion of this topic at the upcoming DC meeting.  We
need to begin that drafting process to meet the Board's deadline.  You are more
than welcome to attend in person or by phone and hear all the details for
yourself.  It may also be helpful to review the attached Powerpoint
presentation, which I gave at the Brussels meeting covering many of the issues
that will need to be decided in the CSG drafting process.

Soon after we tackle the CSG Charter, we need to turn to the process of
amending the BC Charter.  You both seem to be of the opinion that the BC
Charter doesn't need updating, but it's my understanding that the GNSO
Structural Improvements Mike and Zahid voted to approve now require changes to
the Charter.  It certainly seems more than transparent that we will be
discussing this issue in some detail at the upcoming BC meeting.  All BC
members are encouraged to discuss what additional changes they want or don't
want to see since this will be a collective effort. The list Mikey provided
along with the additional list of issues I provided in my earlier response are
a good start.

Rather than lobbing out continued accusations of non-transparency or imagined
conspiracy theories, I would urge you both to participate in these two efforts
going forward.  Any BC member can also call me directly rather than burdening
the list with continued barbs.

Sarah