ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] council agenda for Jan 13 - Motion #5 RAP

  • To: "'Berry Cobb'" <berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'bc - GNSO list'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] council agenda for Jan 13 - Motion #5 RAP
  • From: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:15:07 -0500

I think we were all somewhat asleep this morning, Berry, because I couldn't
find the motions on the GNSO website to save my soul.  Thanks to Zahid and
Marilyn for sending the link along.  Perhaps including a link to the motions
could be added to the next "BC call" agenda?

Thank you for adding some further perspective from a member of the working
group to the topic Mike brought up.  While I am not up to speed on the topic
itself to comment on it, I, too, find it troubling at best that the Council
would selectively build motions, if I understood you correctly.  The whole
reason for the GNSO revamp was to put the determination of issues in the
hands of WGs and therefore, the work product resulting from each Working
Group must be respected in toto or be sent back to the WG to polish and
resubmit to the Council for another look.  In my view, "selective process"
policy establishment is an improper response to any Working Group's efforts,
so this should be investigated further immediately.

Perhaps the Chair and ExCom can work with our councilors take a lead here?
Your thoughts Marilyn?

Kind regards,

RA

Ronald N. Andruff