ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] RE: GNSO Shelves New gTLD Work Due to Lack of Staff Support

  • To: Adam Palmer <adam_palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] RE: GNSO Shelves New gTLD Work Due to Lack of Staff Support
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 17:57:23 -0500

I am also quite concerned about these vacancies, but also the related vacancies
for enforcement /compliance. The comment made about staff support for Council
policy development really didn't touch these critical positions, and it is very
important that Berry and Adam are calling your attention to those positions.
Adam, Berry, I am working on comments on the Ops Plan/Budget. I am thinking
that we should make a clear statement on the implications of these positions.
I am not going to dwell on this, but having hired, trained, and coached folks
in such positions, we MUST recognize that being hired is not being effective in
a position, leaving aside other challenges. So, ICANN's delays in hiring have
significant impact on ability for staff to actually 'do their job'.