ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Statement for CSG representative

  • To: "'bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Statement for CSG representative
  • From: "Deutsch, Sarah B" <sarah.b.deutsch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 00:03:28 -0500

________________________________
From: Deutsch, Sarah B
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 6:33 PM
To: 'bcprivate@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Statement for CSG representative

Statement of Interest in Standing for Election as CSG representative:

Dear BC Members:

I am standing once again for election to the position of the CSG representative
for the BC. This statement describes my interest in continuing in this elected
role, and provides a short interest statement, as required by the BC Charter.

Section 4.6 of the BC Charter provides that the "CSG representative will be the
BC representative to the CSG executive committee and represent the Constituency
on all matters within the responsibility of the CSG executive committee
excepting policy coordination."

I've been grateful for the opportunity to serve as your CSG representative last
year. I had the privilege of drafting, along with a number of key BC members,
the provisions that went into our Final CSG Charter. Both the drafting process
and the Charter itself were a collaborative success. In my opinion, the initial
work of the CSG demonstrates how the three constituencies can work together
cooperatively on matters of common interest while still leaving policymaking
decisions to the individual constituency level.  In addition, the CSG has come
together over the past year to coordinate our voting on GNSO candidates, to
schedule meetings of both the commercial and noncommercial Houses at the ICANN
meetings and to begin to strategize on additional issues of common concern. I
hope to continue this important work for the BC next year and think members
would benefit from an additional year of continuity.

I intend, as the BC's elected CSG representative, to continue to actively
interact not just with other BC officers but with the BC's entire membership to
understand views and concerns on any topics that are taken up by the CSG in
this process. I also continue to believe in transparency by BC officers and
adhering to BC processes.

I do not currently hold any elected position at any another trade association.
I have no financial involvement or business involvement in any registries,
registrars or other parties who are contracted suppliers to ICANN. Verizon is a
member of the ISPCP and a non-voting member of the IPC but the BC is the
primary policy forum where Verizon presents and advocates its views on ICANN
related policy.

Thanks once again to all for your consideration.

Sarah

Sarah B. Deutsch
Vice President & Associate General Counsel
Verizon Communications
Phone: 703-351-3044
Fax: 703-351-3670