ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

Re: [bc-gnso] urgent update to all BC members -- regarding BC statement regardingBoard-GAC Scorecard issues

  • To: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, owner-bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx, "bc - GNSO list" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [bc-gnso] urgent update to all BC members -- regarding BC statement regardingBoard-GAC Scorecard issues
  • From: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 22:53:56 +0000

Marilyn and all,

In discussions with Peter DT, he has made it clear that Monday's comment
session is critical to coming to closure with the GAC. It is clear that GAC
members must take something home for their ministers, so we need to give some
serious thought to what those things might be. Two ideas that come to mind are
(1) recommend that all community based applications be allowed to apply
simultaneously for their IDN equivalents  or a small fee per string, which
would lead to each nation being able to use non-English / non-ASCII scripts
(and therein a "win"); and (2) suggest that a way to get past the impass of too
many "2"s in the scorecard would be to go forward with a limited round to start
so that we can all see if the current AGB (as suggested by the Board) is
functional or needs the modifications currently  revcommended by the GAC.  In
any case, according to PDT, we cannot leave SFO without resolution. IMHO, that
must be the message we share with all we meet in the meeting rooms and
halls....

Kind regards,

RA

Ron Andruff