ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

Re: [bc-gnso] urgent update to all BC members -- regarding BC statement regardingBoard-GAC Scorecard issues

  • To: "Mustala, Tero (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <tero.mustala@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [bc-gnso] urgent update to all BC members -- regarding BC statement regardingBoard-GAC Scorecard issues
  • From: "BRUEGGEMAN, JEFF (ATTSI)" <jb7454@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 17:55:24 -0700

I support Ron's suggestion too, in part because there are so many outstanding
issues. If the Board realistically cannot respond to all of these substantive
issues at this point in the process, then a general remedy to address the
concerns is to limit the initial round and allow a fact-based review of that
round to inform the process.  And I think that is in the interest of the
business community too as a way to provide a path forward, recognizing that all
of our concerns have not been addressed.

Jon, you raise good points about the practical concerns, but can't the starting
point be a numerical limit based on the timing of when applications make it
through the process. I would think that would reward applicants that are ready
to move quickly and do not trigger the objection or conflict process.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad