ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] BC Policy follow-up: SSR Framework comments -- for 7-Jun-2011

  • To: Adam Palmer <Adam_Palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, Leigh Williams <leigh@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] BC Policy follow-up: SSR Framework comments -- for 7-Jun-2011
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 18:11:51 +0000

Just a follow-up on last week's BC member call regarding comments on SSR
(Security, Stability & Resiliency)

ICANN is gathering comments on its proposed 2012 framework for SSR
See http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#ssr-fy12

This framework is presented as two slide decks — not a formal report like we're
used to seeing.   There are no community postings even thought the comment
period closes 7-Jun.   Just two replies from ICANN staff to registry questions.

On last week's BC call, I suggested that the BC could modify our
previously-adopted SSR document for this comment period and for discussion in
Singapore.  I noted that the BC posted comments on the SSR Review Team back on
6-Apr (attached).

Marilyn volunteered, and it would be great if our other SSR experts (Adam,
Scott, Mikey, and Leigh) could help.

Would anyone have some time to quickly review our prior filing and adapt to the
proposed SSR Framework slides?

--
Steve DelBianco
Executive Director