ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] [icannlabs] Impending Web Site Transition

  • To: "'bc - GNSO list'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] [icannlabs] Impending Web Site Transition
  • From: "Chris Chaplow" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:38:09 +0200

FYI

From: icannlabs-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:icannlabs-bounces@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Chris Gift
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 11:34 PM
To: icannlabs@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [icannlabs] Impending Web Site Transition

Over the past few months we have been working together to create a new
website that better meets ICANN's needs. I'm pleased to report that it's
ready for launch and that the transition to the new site will begin shortly.

I wanted you to know what this plan entails. Beginning this Wednesday, April
16th <x-apple-data-detectors://0> , a percentage of ICANN.org
<http://icann.org/>  users will be redirected to the new site where they
will be greeted with a banner explaining the transition, with the option to
return to the old site. Over the next two weeks, the number of redirected
users will increase until everyone is sent straight to the new site. Both
sites will remain in parallel during the transition so users can access the
old site, if they wish. Once this process is complete and we are certain
that everything is functioning as it should, the old site will be deprecated
and moved behind the firewall, and new.icann.org <http://new.icann.org/>
will become www.icann.org <http://www.icann.org/> .

I can say with absolute truthfulness that we would not be here if it wasn't
for this Digital Advisory Group. Your input, guidance, and active
participation made all the difference and has allowed us to collectively
deliver a far better experience that what we currently offer. But as I
mentioned in Singapore, this is the beginning. It is my belief that a site
such as ours is never done and it must be constantly improved and updated to
meet the communities evolving needs. And I hope that the majority of you
will remain with the group, or at the very least, drop in every once in
awhile and help us along.

So as soon as we complete this launch we'll restart the meetings and
collectively pick the next project to begin.

I've also attached an FAQ to help answer questions, but feel free to contact
Laura Bengford or me for more information

Thank you.

Chris Gift

ICANN
+1.949.244.5033