ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] FILED: BC comment on Prelim Issue Report for PDP to review all RPMs

  • To: BC List <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] FILED: BC comment on Prelim Issue Report for PDP to review all RPMs
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 23:10:21 +0000

Attached and
here<http://www.bizconst.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/BC-comment-on-Prelim-Issues-Report-on-RPM-reviews.pdf>
 are the comments we just filed on the Preliminary Issue Report on a GNSO
Policy Development Process to Review All Rights Protection Mechanisms in All
gTLDs.

We are grateful to Phil Corwin for doing an initial draft and for accommodating
sections and suggestions by others, incl. Mahmoud Lattouf, Chris Wilson, Jay
Chapman, Cecilia Smith, and Denise Michel.

This comment has very specific suggestions, drawing upon the BC’s prior work
and continued concern about protecting businesses and their customers from
fraud and abuse enabled by the DNS.

We will have opportunities to build on this excellent work as this PDP moves to
the next stage.

—Steve