ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index

[bc-gnso] Corrections to BC Response on Charter comments General Counsel duties

  • To: BC List <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Corrections to BC Response on Charter comments General Counsel duties
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 15:47:56 +0000

BC members — Jimson, our vice chair for finance and administration, made 2
corrections yesterday to the BC response to charter comments.   I will re-send
the attached docs to ICANN staff.  Below is the explanation of the corrections:

First, Jimson edited the sentence on page 3 regarding BC outreach events:
Original:
• BC Outreach support for and speaking at the AfiCTA Summit and the Asia -
Oceania Computing Industry Organisation (ASOCIO) events in Asia

To be revised to:
• BC Outreach support for and speaking at the AfiCTA Summits in Africa and the
Asia - Oceania Computing Industry Organisation (ASOCIO) events in Asia.

Second, Jimson added this section on the Charter, regarding duties of our
General Counsel:

2.5.5 The General Counsel is empowered to:
a. Incorporate the BC as a non-profit entity in the District of Columbia;
b. Process and forward the BC’s postal mail;
c. Register and secure an Employer Identification Number (EIN) for the BC;
d. File and sign the BC’s applicable tax returns;
e. Utilize his/her registered address to facilitate his/her duties herein.

Since a number of these functions have already been implemented and are not
recurring, can we reframe as follows:

a. Maintain a continuous incorporation of the "The ICANN GNSO 'Business
Constituency' LLC" in the District of Columbia
b. Maintain the BC's postal mail
c. Maintain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) for the BC
d. ok
e. ok

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index