ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Re: [ga] The End of Domain Tasting and its Consequences

  • To: kidsearch <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] The End of Domain Tasting and its Consequences
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 00:26:43 -0700

Chris and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  Nicely summed up here Chirs.  And again you beat me to the
punch.  Danny also gave some very good points and history that
would seemingly support your summation here as well.

  I also agree and thank Michael for some of his very good suggestions
as well, as he does have a very good finger on the gist of what safeguards
these new contracts need to provide for registrants and at the same time
engender healthy compition.

  I would add the following:

  ICANN, and many of its registries and registrars have not honored
it's contracts or agreements with the stakeholder/user community.
ICANN has also been very well aware of same and cannot or will
not sanction accordingly.  Hence it seeks to change terms of said
contractual agreements to allow for more abuse toward stakeholder,
registrants, and indirectly users after the fact.  This is wrong, and
wrong headed means of doing good business or is in contradiction to what
Vint has been fond in saying on occasion, "Do good works".

  Let us all also not be deluded in Vint's words, but take stock in
his actions or lack  there of and also not to forget that many companies
have recently committed virtual suicide, not least among these was
Vints old employer, Worldcom/con.  If I am not mistaken at the higth
of the Worldcom/con scandal, Vint did not take any real action and there
was some consideration by DOJ as to some complicitness by Vint.

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827