ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Re: [ga] ICANN Negotiations -- A Play in Three Acts

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Negotiations -- A Play in Three Acts
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 01:09:00 -0700

George and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  I think you and many others on this forum know why such provisions
are in these proposed contracts to begin with.  It is simply because
ICANN, meaning mostly the ICANN BoD and staff members, get
the vast amount of their funding from Registries and Registrars, not
Registrants or a real membership, and the ICANN BoD and staff
want or seem to believe they have a need for more $$.  In essence
they are trying to hood wink everyone for more $$, and giving
the  Registries and Registrars and opportunity to get a big increase
in revenues at the same time.

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827