ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed to Tiered Domain Pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to Tiered Domain Pricing
  • From: Chris Furlong <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:36:49 -0700

Dear ICANN,

As a small business owner whose domain name is their brand, I have to voice my strong opposition to the tiered pricing of domain names that would be allowed in the latest contract administering the .biz, .info. and .org TLDs. I believe that pricing uncertainty would have a chilling effect on innovation and allow 3rd parties to profit from hard work they had no hand in. For the sake of small online businesses and the billions of people worldwide who use their services, remove this from the latest contract.

Sincerely,

Chris Furlong

Chief Executive Officer
Blockstar.com