ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposition to tiered pricing

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposition to tiered pricing
  • From: "Gary Watson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:31:57 -0700

I would like to voice my opposition to the possibility that domain
registrars might start charging higher pricing for domains whenever they
feel like it.  I think such a move would cause the internet to fracture into
a completely new system which ICANN has no control over, which would not
have such predatory commercial practices.  You people did not invent the
Internet, it doesn't belong to you, and it is not yours to steal.

Gary Watson

Calabasas, CA