ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Reject proposed pricing on

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Reject proposed pricing on
  • From: "JODY CROCKETT" <CROC@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:21:55 -0700

  Your proposed change in the pricing structures on domain renewals is going to
create unrealistic demands upon small businesses..  supposed I have a great
name that alot of people want.  What is to stop a registrar from charging me
$500,000 for renewal knowing I can not afford it, then they end up having my
premium, in demand name & resell it to another buyer for far less than the
renewal fee..  this is bad business & registrars that are already crooked &
dishonest will further abuse their registrar status.  What's to stop a
registrar from charging me an excessive renewal fee that exceeds my earnings..
This is just a blatent attempt by ruthless registrars to take over good names
for themselves so they can resell them at a hefty profit.  I have several .info
& .org domains..  some of which I make absolutely no money at all on, but I
like the names, & wish to keep them, but not if I have to pay rediculously high
rates..  some of which are trademarked & if ever acquired by anyone else, a
swift lawsuit would be taken against the owner & registrar responsible for
creating availabilty.  Your proposed plans are bad, unneccesary & registrars
already have the upperhand as it is.. look at moniker.com for example..  they
bulk register 1000s of domains for themselves everyday & they sit on them until
they find a buyer to resell at an excessively high markup. Good domain names
are hard enough to come by as it is & your proposed plans would create a very
difficult situation for many small business, & create problems with name
availability.

Get your own FREE Global Mail account now! -- visit http://www.ablewise.com