ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

New org/info/biz contracts

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: New org/info/biz contracts
  • From: "Domain Admin" <domainqueue@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 09:46:59 -0700

If I read this correctly, not only would there be renewal fees based
on the value of other names that have nothing at all necessarily to do
with the value of the name renewed, but it becomes impossible to
predict what your future expenses will be.  Both situations are
unbelievably bad practice.   It would appear to be the same as if
someone buys a new top of the line Mercedes and based on the price of
that, there is a determination of what I would have to pay to by a
used Honda Celica.  The used car market would not survive long in such
conditions.