ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Pricing comments

  • To: info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Pricing comments
  • From: JLRMPA@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:56:06 EDT

Dear ICANN,

As a small business owner who has  built a thriving enterprise around a
single domain name, I have to add  my voice to the chorus of strong opposition
the tiered pricing of domain  names that would be included. in the latest
contract administering the .biz,  .info. and .org TLDs. If this provision is
allowed to stand, .com domains will  surely be next. Domain pricing uncertainty
will
have a chilling effect on  innovation and business, while simultaneously
allowing 3rd parties to profit  from the hard work of others.  Moreover, this
move
eliminates the  critical and long-standing neutral role of registrars and
opens them (and  probably you) up to a landslide of litigation.

I urge you in the  strongest possible terms to abandon this plan.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey L. Reynolds, MPA
President/CEO
AmercanFlags.com