ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

No to .biz tld proposal

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No to .biz tld proposal
  • From: Jdouman@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:29:40 EDT

To the ICANN Board,

I'm respectfully writing to strongly object to  the proposed TLD Registry
Renewal Contracts for .info, .biz, and .org  domains.  I think there is a
serious flaw where a registrar would be  able to set uncontrolled rates
without
price caps. This could create a  crippling impact on the internet businesses
of
millions of domain and web  site owners.

The impact will be especially damaging to .org and .info  domain owners and
site
operators who for the most part use .org and .info  domains for non-profit,
charitable organizations, and educational  purposes.

As a result of the proposal being implemented there would be  bad publicity
and
a myriad of expensive time consuming lawsuits and  litigation that ICANN
itself
would have to deal with from the domain  owners.

In view of the serious issues arising from this unammended  proposal I would
like to suggest a reconsideration of the contracts and  remove this no price
caps clause completely.

Yours  sincerely
Jack Doumanian