ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed To Variable Pricing

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposed To Variable Pricing
  • From: "David" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:40:48 -0400

I am opposed to the variable pricing proposal.

Only one question here:  Why?

The registrars are already making money selling and registering domains at the
current prices.  So why make them richer at the expense of the person who is in
many cases NOT charging for the use of their website (i.e. .info .org and even
many .biz).

The gains that will occur for the registrars are severely outweighed by the
losses (for domain owners and web users around the world) and would result in a
totally new internet for the RICH.

I vote NO as a domain owner and as an internet user - this proposal will weaken
the internet overall.

David Solomon
www.tips4info.com