ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

removal of price caps

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: removal of price caps
  • From: "Rajat" <rajat@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:50:01 +0530

One one side Pir have given us discounted pricing for .org registration in
developing countries and on other ICANN propose this .  With removal on price
caps ICANN is only making it more difficult for people in developing countries
to own domains. With domain renewals getting expensive how do u think i can
afford to renew my domain , which in turn runs my business.
      How do u suppose when most people who live in my country earn 250$-500$ a
month can pay renewal cost of 1000-5000$ on  a domain per year? Does it mean
ICANN only wants people in US and developed country to use internet and own
domains.

This is very disappointing.
Rajat