ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Fatal flaws and subsequent negotiations

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Fatal flaws and subsequent negotiations
  • From: Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:09:31 -0500

Those of us that have been watching ICANN for sometime will remember the disaster that happened when a poorly drafted contract (Hi Joe Sims!) was signed between ICANN and Verisign.

When ICANN discovered just how many holes were in the contract they had to come crawling back to Verisign on their hands and knees and Verisign had them by the testicles and were able to "negotiate" things in Verisign's favour while agreeing to remove the holes.

THIS TIME, someone has spotted the holes PRIOR to the contract being signed and ICANN HAD DAMN WELL BETTER take the holes out of it BEFORE the signing takes place, or it will find itself being the pillow biter once again.

Well, actually the REGISTRANTS will be the pillow biters, but we don't have any representation, do we? Sadly, we have to rely on ICANN to do the right thing.

THE REGISTRANTS GET SCREWED AGAIN!