ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Proposed .BIZ, .INFO AND .ORG gTLD Registry Agreements

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Proposed .BIZ, .INFO AND .ORG gTLD Registry Agreements
  • From: Shane Bowlin <shane@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:13:41 -0400

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I read with great alarm the proposal to allow tiered or variable
pricing of domain names.

In my humble opinion, a domain name, is purchased there should be an implicit trust there that the cost of the domain will never become unreachable. The increase in value of my domain names is primarily due to the fact that I've spent a lot of time and money promoting them. If I had not made the investment, it's very likely the names would have no increase in value. Why should the registry be the beneficiary of my insight and hard work?

Shane Bowlin
9200 NW 39th Avenue
Ste. 130 Box 328
Gainesville, FL 32606