ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Strongly OPPOSED...

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Strongly OPPOSED...
  • From: "Chris Holub" <liv2web@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:07:17 -0700

To Whom It May Concern,

I would like to note my STRONG opposition to the lifting of price controls.
Currently the little
guy has an opportunity to pursue the Internet dream.   The relatively low
cost of renewing my
domain name and hosting a site is extremely important to me.  One of ICANN's
core principles
is the encouragement of competition at the registry and registrar levels,
with approval of the
proposed agreements, that principle could be significantly challenged and
birth could be given
to a unrestricted monopoly.   I therefore urge the board to do the right
thing for all of us little
guys and reject the proposed lifting of price controls.

Respectfully,
Chris Holub
www.liv2web.com
www.myhelpful.info