ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

.BIZ

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .BIZ
  • From: "d cleveland" <dcleveland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:08:00 -0400

To Whom It May Concern:

The proposed change to the registry agreement for the .biz is ridiculous and
is a blatant act of extortion by registrars if they enact anything different
than the current registry agreement that contains price caps.  I will
suggest to my attorney a thorough review of this and all proposed changes to
contracts I acted under and did not agree to change when I registered these
domain names.  By law a contract cannot change without both parties being in
agreement to change in writing and I will also be in touch with my state
attorney regarding this change as the effect negatively affects consumers.
Removal of price caps is likely to result in anticompetitive practices that
seriously impact internet stakeholders. I hope that you will reconsider this
aspect of the agreements.

Best regards,

Darren Cleveland
President