ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Proposed .BIZ, .INFO AND .ORG gTLD Registry Agreements

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Proposed .BIZ, .INFO AND .ORG gTLD Registry Agreements
  • From: "Alexis Roy" <babylon_zoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:29:15 -0400

As a simple website operator, with substantial goodwill and hundreds of dollars invested in various fees for domain names and hosting and registrars, I wish to express my strong opposition to the lifting of price controls. One of ICANN's core principles is the encouragement of competition at both the registry and registrar levels. Such competition is incompatible with the kind of unrestricted monopoly that these proposed agreements would create. I therefore urge the board to reject the agreements. Not good at all for us, registrants, that will have to either pay to the registrars or shutdown.

Life is Sweet,
Blue Skies!