ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bylaws-amend-chair-comp]

In Support of compensation for the Chairman of the Board of Directors at ICANN

  • To: bylaws-amend-chair-comp@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: In Support of compensation for the Chairman of the Board of Directors at ICANN
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 19:50:56 -0400

I am writing to support compensation for the Chairman of the Board, and I would
support reasonable compensation for all Board members.   Furthermore, I support
retroactive payment.

The Board works very hard and members of the Nominating Committee have said
that they would have a much easier time finding qualified members if there were
compensation.  The quality of Board members is a primary determinant of the
quality of ICANN itself.   The Chair works especially hard and we must not
limit our pool to those rich enough to work for free.

Antony Van Couvering
CEO, Minds + Machines