ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ccnso-idncctld]

[ccnso-idncctld] Some points for discussion

  • To: <ccnso-idncctld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ccnso-idncctld] Some points for discussion
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 18:10:18 +0800

Hi Everyone,

I will not be able to join the meeting today, however, here are some of the
items I think are important to be addressed:

1. A process for voicing objections, including informal processes and
guidelines for the evaluation committees (suggestions already posted to the
list, and have received no objections)

2. The concept of having a process that specifies only it being
non-contentious within a territory is inconsistent with the original scope
described by the charter.

3. A mechanism for an "ongoing process" is important, for example the use of
"rounds", such as every quarter or twice every year, etc.

4. While having experience and demonstrating knowledge with IDNs is
important it is equally important especially not to bias against situations
where "inexperience" or "non implementation" is because IDNs do not make
sense on a second level without IDN TLD.

5. Non-contentiousness is important not only regarding the string of the TLD
or the TLD Operator (ccTLD manager) but also the whole process of the
introduction of IDN ccTLDs.

Again, apologies for not being able to make the meeting.  I am sure my other
colleagues from the GNSO will be able to provide further input to the above
and beyond.

Edmon