ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ccnso-idncctld]

FW: [ccnso-idncctld] IDNccTLD Draft Final Report - Comments from Egypt ..

  • To: <ccnso-idncctld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: FW: [ccnso-idncctld] IDNccTLD Draft Final Report - Comments from Egypt ..
  • From: "Manal Ismail" <manal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:15:16 +0300

Dear Colleagues ..

I'm again having great difficulty hearing interventions on the IDNC WG
conf. call ..

Please find attached minor comments from Egypt on the IDNccTLD Draft
Final Report ..

I fully agree with Janis that the Technical committee's concerns may
veto an IDN ccTLD string until the technical issue of concern is
addressed ..

I also don't see a problem with Bertrand's suggestion of having the
government proceed with the steps until a ccTLD registry is designated
.. we can also set a deadline for the starting of the operation to
address the point raised by Bart on the fast track being "a reservation
mechanism" ..

As the IDNC WG conf. call is still on, I'm not sure what has already
been resolved and what's not ..

I'll try to hear the call as soon as posted on the ccNSO website and
will try to provide timely comments if any ..

Kind Regards

Manal